Friday, July 29, 2011
Questions for 6B Community Meeting
We had a great meeting last night with ANC 6D. We are moving towards our last community listening meeting this coming Monday night with ANC 6B. The below is the list of potential questions for the meeing. Are there others? Do you want to provide an answer to any of the questions?? If so, post a comment. Regards, Joe Fengler
1) Do you feel that the current ANC boundaries represent your neighborhood?
2) Are there aspects of the current boundaries that present challenges because dissimilarity?
3) Should large residential buildings or complexes be dispersed among multiple SMDs?
4) Is the freeway the proper north-south dividing line? For example, is there an opportunity to move part of a western SMD to ANC 6D that uses the Third and/or Fourth street tunnels to “connect” the residents on both sides of the freeway?
5) Is East Capitol Street the proper north-south diving line? For example, is there an opportunity to move part of a western SMD to ANC 6C?
6) Do the residents living around the baseball stadium believe their community “core” is located in: (a) Barracks Row, (b) Waterfront Mall, (c) both, and/or (d) neither?
7) Should ANC 6B retain both Eastern Market, Barracks Row and the entire Pennsylvania corridor?
8) Since at least four of the existing SMDs exceed the 2,000 population target (not including 6B11), how many SMDs should the new ANC have? Nine? Ten? Eleven? Twelve? Does it matter?