Thursday, August 4, 2011
W6TF Approves Initial ANC Redistricting Plan
Last night, the W6TF unanimously approved an initial Advisory Neighborhood Commission redistricting plan for Ward 6 based on the resident submission from Mr. Rob Stephens with the following changes:
1. Split Lincoln Park between ANC 6A and ANC 6B.
2. Add St. Coletta's School to ANC 6B (Kingman Park was included in the Stephens proposal).
The following options were approved for additional research:
1. For ANC 6E, prepare two SMD options regarding "where" the census blocks below Massachusetts Ave by Union Station should be placed. The first option keeps these census blocks in ANC 6E. The second option moves the census blocks to ANC 6C.
2. For ANC 6E, prepare two SMD options regarding the north/south diving line. The first option keeps the line at North Capitol. The second option moves the north/south diving line east to Union Station up to either H or K Street and then returns to North Capitol.
3. For ANC 6D, prepare two SMD options for the near southeast community (generally the freeway to river using South Capitol as the north/south boundary). The first option keeps this community in ANC 6D. The second option moves this community to ANC 6B.
These options will be discussed and decided at the next W6TF meeting on Monday, August 8 (6:30pm) at the Theater Church located at 435 8th Street, SE.
The populations and suggested number of commissioners are:
ANC 6A, in orange: 18,111 (9 Commissioners)
ANC 6B, in light blue: 20,217 (10 Commissioners)
ANC 6C, in green: 11,140 (5 Commissioners)
ANC 6D, in dark blue: 14,359 (7 Commissioners)
ANC 6E, in red: 14,185 (7 Commissioners)