Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Ward 6: W6TF Approved ANC Map (9/19/11)
W6TF votes on ANC boundaries from September 19 meeting:
1. Extend ANC 6C south to Independence Avenue, SE and east to 8th Street, SE. Adopted (5-4-1) with an amendment to remove House Office Buildings and Library of Congress Buildings – which retain census blocks west of 3rd Street between Independence Avenue and East Capitol Street - in ANC 6B (amendment passed 6-3-1).
2. Return census square 889 in ANC 6A. Not Adopted (5-5).
3. Return these census blocks between North Capitol St. and Union Station and K St. and Massachusetts Ave to ANC 6C. Adopted (6-4).
4. Extend ANC 6E south of Massachusetts Avenue. Not Adopted (0-10).
5. Retain all of Lincoln Park in ANC 6A. Not Adopted (2-8).
6. Remove Kingman Park from ANC 6A. Adopted (9-0-1) with an amendment to provide two alternative maps - one with Kingman Park included and one without (amendment passed 9-0-1).
7. Retain United States Mall, Hains Point and East Potomac Park in ANC 6D. Adopted (10-0) with an amendment to remove the language “United States Mall” (amendment passed without objection).
Populations of ANCs
6A, shown in orange = 16,337
6B, shown in light blue = 18,942
6C, shown in green = 13,207
6D, shown in dark blue = 14,359
6E, shown in red = 13,393
Kingman Park = 1,774
Joe Fengler Note: We will finish reviewing the remaining ANC recommendations listed September 19 agenda at the September 22 meeting. We will start with the agenda items list under 7:40pm.